Brain injury typically falls into two categories: traumatic brain injury (TBI) and acquired brain injury (ABI). Any injury to the head or external force can result in a TBI, which is an alteration of brain function. Common causes are automobile accidents, falls and assaults. An ABI is a brain injury that occurs after birth that is nontraumatic. Examples of causes include near drowning, electric shock or lightning strike.
If brain injury was sustained in an accident or attack, a victim may be entitled to financial compensation to cover his or her medical expenses, as well as for pain and suffering, lost wages and other damages. At Parker & Frey PLLC, we assist brain injury victims throughout North Carolina with claims related to:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Concussion — direct blows or violent shaking of the head
- Contusions — bruises on the brain caused by direct impact
- Open head injuries — including skull and plate fractures
- Closed head injuries
- Penetrating injury
- Diffuse axonal injury — shaking or strong rotation of the head
- Second impact syndrome
- Shaken baby syndrome
- Coup-contrecoup injury — contusions on impact site and opposite side of the brain
- Acquired brain injury
- Anoxic brain injury — when brain does not receive oxygen
- Hypoxic brain injury — when brain does not receive enough oxygen
Assisting With All Aspects Of Your Personal Injury Claim
Our attorneys have been helping injury victims with their legal claims for nearly three decades. We will handle all aspects of your claim with professionalism and vigilance, working to obtain the justice and financial compensation you need for medical bills and other expenses.
Don’t wait to get the legal help you deserve. Contact our lawyers at or by email for a free, no-obligation consultation. We serve clients from our office locations in Dunn and Fayetteville.