Attorneys With The Experience To Level The Playing Field

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Personal Injury
  4.  » 
  5. Automobile Accidents
  6.  » What Should You Do in Case of an Auto Accident

Make The Right Decisions In The Wake Of An Accident

A car crash is frequently disorienting and always surprising. In those first critical moments, you need to take the right steps to protect yourself, your health and your rights.

At Parker & Frey PLLC, we want to make sure you have the tools you need to take care of yourself in an emergency. Below are some steps you should take after an accident. After taking care of any immediate needs, call our firm at 910-591-2551. We can help.

If You Can Pull Over, Do

Highways are incredibly dangerous. If your car is still functioning, put on your emergency blinkers and pull over as far as possible. Do not get out of your car to check for damage in the middle of traffic.

Before You Get Out Of Your Car, Take Stock Of Your Passengers

If there are any injuries, such as a head injury, bleeding or broken bones, call for an ambulance immediately. Any unnecessary movement can further injure you or your passengers. Do not attempt to move anyone until emergency medical technicians are there.

Call For The Police

Once everyone’s immediate needs are met, call for a police officer. Police reports will contain vital information you may not think to take, and they also provide an important objective viewpoint that can strengthen your claim.

Document Everything

You should make sure to take pictures and gather as much information as possible. You should make a point of:

  • Recording the other driver’s name and contact information
  • Taking the other driver’s insurance information, including a picture of their insurance card if possible
  • Writing down the immediate impact of the crash on everyone’s physical health. For instance, can they move, are there immediate pain points, and was anyone affected more than the others?
  • Photographing the points of damage to your car and to your body

The more information, the better.

Call Us As Soon As You Can

Before you accept any settlement offers, make sure you get real and trustworthy advice. Our firm can help you get reliable medical care and support you in getting the most out of your injury claim. Reach our Clinton office at 910-591-2551 or by email.